GAPS Nutrition Program
In my extensive research in trying to deal with my own digestive issues I came across the Gut & Psychology/Physiology Syndrome (GAPS). This is the connection between how our physical and mental health is dependent on the health of our digestive tract and the micro-organisms contained within it.
The GAPS program has three main components; the GAPS nutritional plan, specific supplementation, and ways to detoxify the body. Most important is the GAPS Nutritional Plan, which provides large amounts of nourishing substances to heal the gut lining while eliminating those foods that are difficult to digest as well as those that feed pathogenic microbes.
So how do you know whether or not you have GAPS?
- You have severe digestive symptoms such as: diarrhea, abdominal pain, bloating, flatulence, irritable bowel, celiac, gluten-sensitivity, constipation, hemorrhoids, colitis, acid reflux, etc.
- You have learning or mental difficulties including: ADD, ADHD, dyslexia, dyspraxia, autism, schizophrenia, obsessive-compulsive disorder, anxiety, depression, poor mental clarity, addictions, bipolar disorder, eating disorders, epilepsy, etc.
- You have an autoimmune disorder such as: Multiple Sclerosis, ALS, arthritis, lupus, allergies, etc.
- You have a skin condition including: eczema, psoriasis, rashes, and other skin allergies.
- You have other chronic conditions such as: Diabetes Type 1&2, chronic fatigue, fibromyalgia, multiple chemical sensitivity, PMS, menstrual problems, endocrine disorders (thyroid, adrenal, etc.).
- You have generalized symptoms that do not fit into a diagnostic box such as: digestive problems, fatigue, muscular weakness, cramps, pain and ache in joints and muscles, skin problems, hormonal abnormalities, etc.
To explore more on GAPS please visit www.gaps.me